My study programme

Hello everyone, today I'mm gonna talk the changes I'd make to my study programme.

Since I'm studying psychology in Universidad de Chile, I would start by changing the currículum of the programme, and turn it into a more practical curriculum, since the current curriculum do not prepare us for the jobs that we want to work in. Every subject is so theoretical and we don't know how to present ourselfs when we are face to face with the people we're gonna work with, we don't know how and what to do as psychologist. For that reason, I believe that the curriculum should aim for preparing us to put into practice the things that we learn, and not just keep them in the theory. Also, I'd make changes to the subjects teached in the curriculum, and eliminate the one's that do not help us to grow up as good psychologists, as, for example, Historia Social de Chile.

Also, I would check the workload of the subjects, because I believe that there're some subjects that have a overwhelming workload, in which many of the things they teach do not help us, or are not important for the psychologist carrer. There are professors that believe that their subject is the only subject we must take, and their workload is just crazy.

I don't think I can make very much about the facilities of my faculty, but I think we must use every space that the campus gave us to improve our classes conditions, because the infrastructure is very important since it can facilitate or hinder the learning and teaching process.

I believe that nowadays, the teaching methods should be paired with the use of technology, since the use of technology help people to learn things and have become a way to spread the knowledge. For that reason, I believe that professors should start using techonology to their favor, because it can help them, as well as it helps the students. We can't use the teaching methods used on the 80s, because the world is different, life is different, schools and universities are different, and they must adapt to the new world.


Comments

  1. I think that all the faculty need a change, his method of teaching are so prehistoric

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need more practice activities in the career, in this moment I don't feel prepare for the professional practice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English in my life

Forensic psychology

Postgraduate studies