Forensic psychology

Hello everyone! Today I’ll be talking about the job I want to work in.

I think I’d like to work as a psychologist, because there’re many areas where you can work, such as mental health, communitary, in the justice system, among others. Personally, I’m in between mental health or forensic psychology, but I’m not really sure which one I prefer.

I’ll talk about forensic psychology because I feel it’s the closest to me, and the one where I can apply most of my knowledge. I imagine that job as doing evaluations of criminals and situations in family subjects, and, maybe, working as a profiler in a police department, like PDI or Carabineros. I think sometimes I’ll work indoor, working in an office or a place where I’ll be interviewing people, and in other times I’ll work outdoor, like when analizing crimes scenes or stuff like that.

I won’t like to travel very much in my work, since I need to be in the country for whenever the tribunals call me, and that’s not compatible with traveling. Also, I think I would like to get a good salary, since working for the justice system implies a lot of stress and demands a lot of time.

I’m currently studying psychology and I want to speciallice in forensic psychology, because I need to have knowledge in areas like psychopatology and special phenomena to evaluate people and make good forensic reports.

Also, I think this job is a very special one, because working in the justice system implies a huge responsability, since you’re working with people that have problems and depends on the justice system and actors to have a better life and solve their problems. For that reason, I belive that if you want to work in it, you have to be very carefull and have a lot of knowledge in the area for making a great work.

Comments

  1. Justice sytem is so bad, but the work in there is so good, I hope you can do what you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting that you like forensic psychology. As Javiera says, the system is very bad. Psychologists must work deeply in these spaces.

    ReplyDelete

  3. There is a lot of work to do in the judicial system, it's good that you're interested in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justice sistem need People that love their job. I hope you can work in that area

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English in my life

Postgraduate studies